Saturday, September 6, 2008

Saturday, Sept. 6

Paul is now getting settled at Pate and I would be lying if I said the transition has been easy for either me or Paul. I think traveling to the new environment and being around all new people has been confusing for Paul and, seeing that, has been hard for me. There are two housing areas at Pate, one for more independent patients and another for those that are not self-sufficient and need round-the-clock care, which is where Paul is right now. There are several patients there in far worse condition than Paul, which reminds me of how thankful I am for Paul's progress but is also hard to see. I also know that Paul will continue to progress and it will only be a matter of time until he moves to "Hilltop," the housing area for more independent patients, but it may be awhile. Meanwhile, we are getting acclimated and tonight I plan on staying overnight with Paul (Buzz is at his cousin's house) and we'll celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary.

This weekend, I think it is best if Paul's visitors are just family and close friends. Please call me ahead of time if you plan on making the trek to Anna.

Please keep praying for Paul's recovery. Your prayers have really made a difference!

Patty

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patty,

Your honesty and your love are inspirational. Happy Anniversary to you both! On your 50th you two will look back on this anniversary as just one of the many obstacles you two faced TOGETHER! I continue to pray for you and your family.

Much love,
Kristine

Willie Baronet said...

Sending you both love and big hugs, and a huge happy anniversary! Your love is inspiring to me!

Willie

Unknown said...

Dear Patty and Paul,

We have never met, but your journey is so inspiring. I have been in some form or other of the graphic arts for many years--I guess that's why I feel a close connection to you both, and a passion to promote bicycle advocacy in our area.

You guys are great!!!!

Susan Thompson
Jewish Fedearation of Greater Dallas

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!! Your love for each other shows so much even now. I have been keeping up with you through the blog and am praying for all of you. I came across a song this week that I think would really mean alot to you(It is my prayer for you now). It's "Believe" by Frontline Worship. If you get a chance google it.:)

Anonymous said...

Big HAPPY anniversary wishes to a beautiful and special couple.

db9515 said...

Happy anniversary, and congratulations on another giant step forward in recovery. With much love and many prayers, Dena, Brandon and Hannah

Anonymous said...

happy aniversary!

looking fwd to coming down on 22nd.. and seeing paul on 24th in Anna... be well, F

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all and hoping Paul makes the transition quickly. Happy anniversary to both of you.

Eleanor Day

Anonymous said...

Patty -

Thanks for the great updates you post to keep us informed. Each day I check the site to see how Paul is progressing and rejoice in his recovery. You've been awesome for him, Patty. He could not have come this far without you! Happy 11th and many more years to come.

Tammy

Anonymous said...

I'm a couple of days late, but I wanted to wish you a Happy Anniversary, my prayers are with you and your family.

Gaby