Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Update Wednesday June 25

Today they removed the tube in Paul's head that was measuring his cranial pressure, since it had been stable for the past few days. They had shaved the front of his head to put it in, so now he's got a very groovy haircut (and by groovy we mean embarrassing). Paul is breathing quite a bit on his own now (about 60%), and his grip in his left hand is very strong. Keep praying for him to open his eyes soon! Thanks so much for all your love and support!

Yesterday Paul's sisters Kathy and Beth, and friend Cindy took a field trip to see where the accident took place, and to tour Paul's office at MasonBaronet. While by White Rock lake we stumbled upon this wonderful sign offering some love and encouragement to Paul. Thank you friends of the lake!! :-)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are all praying for him! St.Peter and Paul's Feast Day is coming up on this Sunday, lets all ask his namesake/patron Saint, St. Paul to pray for him to open his eyes and recover fully!!

Praying for you all!

Love,
St. Pat's Mothers Club Prayer Chain

db9515 said...

Very encouraging news!

winesrsw said...

Good news! Keep it coming Paul.

To a man who can stuff more marshmallows in his mouth than any person I know. Cheers!

I am out of town through Friday evening. I'm not sure I'll be home in time for your picnic?

Either way, I'm with you bro!

Brad

Anonymous said...

For Kathy, Cindy, and all of the Jerde and Hatfield families, Roger and Maurita are sending love and supportive strength from Gulliver. For Paul, we send best healing thoughts and prayers. For Buzz, we send an extra-big thank you for his special picture...and his smile.

Anonymous said...

Baruch Hashem! Which in Hebrew means Blessing God! Or Praise God. I say Baruch Hashem over and over!! Love to you Paul, Patty and sweet Buzz

Anonymous said...

On June 11th I was hit on the road as well. My best wishes to Paul and his family.

Anonymous said...

to paul's wife, i can't imagine what you are going through right now. i'm asking you to do one thing and that is go to irving bible church this sunday, june 29th any service. there is a message that i think will uplift you and encourage you and touch the deepest recesses of your soul. my prayers to a god who heals and loves are with you. p.s. if you're unable to, the podcast is available on itunes under 'irving bible church'.

Anonymous said...

get well soon paul! when me and my class toured your studio, you made a great impression on me. you're such a positive person, me and my family are praying for you!

isaiah 43:19: Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.

Tribecan said...

Wonderful news! Hope the good reports keep coming.

We'll be thinking of everyone at the BBQ/picnic tomorrow.

The Stevens Family in NYC

Anonymous said...

I drive by the sign on my way to work each morning and I smile. Paul, please wake up and show us your smile.
Love,
Kristine

Anonymous said...

We're sending positive thoughts from the U.P. What a wonderful support system you have!
Don and Giannine (friends of Kathy and Cindy)